|Grizzly the Movie||Gallery||Transcript|
While Grizzly is outside of a store looking for a movie to rent, Panda and Ice Bear come outside and ask if they can go home, since they are hungry. Before they leave, Grizz suggests to rent a cop movie, and Panda says that the film is too cheesy. Grizz says that the cheesiness is what makes the movie good, and he begins to act like one of the characters from the movie.
A movie director, who is looking for a bear to star in her movie, sees Grizz and offers him a role. Panda warns him that it may be a scam, but since Grizz thinks the film is about "how awesome grizzlies are", he accepts the offer and steps inside the Movie Director's limousine. Grizz asks if Panda and Ice Bear can come with him, and the Movie director agrees.
She takes The Bears to a movie studio. A worker asks Grizz to sign a paper, he almost signs it immediately, but Panda tell some him to read it through first. They are interrupted by the Movie Director, who shows Grizzly's very hungry brothers to a table with food. Though Grizz wants to read the paper before signing it, the Movie Director tells Grizz that he would become famous much quicker if the signs the paper sooner. He agrees, and they get started with the movie.
For his first scene, the Director tells Grizzly that he has to jump out and scare two hikers. He attempts to scare them by saying "boo" and acting like a ghost, but the Director says that she wants him to scare them like a bear would. Grizz tries a few more times until the Director decides to move on to the next scene, which takes place inside of a cabin. She tells Grizz to attack a ranger, but instead he does karate. The Director tells Grizz to be more violent "like a bear would". The Director decides to get Andy, a motion capture performer, to do the scene instead. When the scene is finished, she shows it to Grizz, who is offended (and possibly scared) by the movie's portrayal of bears, tells the director that most real bears are different. The Director says that it was supposed to be a scary film, and when Grizz says he won't stand for it, she fires him.
As the Bears leave the studio, Panda says that's it's only a movie, but Grizz worries that after the movie is released everybody would be afraid of bears. They come across two people looking at the movie poster, and they get scared when they see bears right next to them. The Bears hear a sudden loud noise coming from the studio and decide to go look.
The movie set is collapsing, and Andy gets stuck under a large rock. While Panda and Ice Bear help everyone escape the studio, Grizz helps Andy move the rock so he can get out. He successfully rescues Andy and gets out of the studio. After seeing this, The Director decides to remake the film and have Grizz be the hero. Unfortunately this causes the film to flop, but in an empty theater Grizz proudly calls it 'Progress'.
- Grizzly Bear
- Panda Bear
- Ice Bear
- Movie Director (debut)
- Mr. Ranger (debut)
- Andy (debut)
- Commercial Crew
- The Movie Staffs (debut)
- A preview of this episode was shown at the South by Southwest (SXSW) 2017 Cartoon Network screening.
- This is the first episode to air in 2017.
- This episode of the third season was aired during its second season run.
- Commercial Crew is appearance in second time.
- Grizzly he made chest pounding like a caveman.
- The poster for Grizzly the Movie shown in the episode preview, and the concept of the film itself, is a parody of the poster for the 1976 thriller Grizzly.
- Andy the motion-capture performer is a reference to Andy Serkis, who portrayed several CG characters in film such as Gollum from 'Lord of the Rings', King Kong and Caesar from 'Planet of the Apes'.
- In one scene, Panda's tail was drawn on the wrong part of his back.
- May 15, 2017 (Latin America, Brazil)
- November 10, 2017 (United Kingdom and Ireland)