Ice Bear is gonna find you one day.
|—"Icy Nights", Ice Bear to Barry's hologram|
Ice Bear is the youngest of the trio, but is, undoubtedly, the strongest and, in some respects, the most mature of them. He was able to rescue his older brothers from certain death without too much hassle and is quick to jump into action if he finds a threat arising. He cares for both of his brothers dearly. He tends to do most of the chores of the house, though he doesn't seem to mind this. Despite his willingness to pitch in where the others don't, he still takes days off to relax and unwind. Not only is he a smart and strong bear, but he's also essential to the Bears' brotherhood.
Ice Bear is an anthropomorphic polar bear. His body is completely covered in white fur. (Sometimes, it has a very light shade of yellow/brown, but like a lighter blue. Slightly more so than the white fur of Panda.) Even though he is the youngest of the Bears, he is taller, thinner, and stronger than his older brothers.
Ice Bear is characterized as monotone and acerbic.
Ice Bear is almost always distant and emotionless, though not inherently unfriendly. He seems to not be very conversant, as Ice Bear generally speaks in one-liners and very vague sentences and responds through action instead. Despite usually being mute, Ice Bear is notably more observant and has a better keen sense of danger than his brothers. This is most prominently demonstrated in the episode "Nom Nom", when he was the only one who could see through Nom Nom's celebrity personality and thus realize his dark intentions. Ice Bear is also very intellectual, as demonstrated in the episode "My Clique".
When Ice Bear actually speaks, which is not so common, he uses the third-person pronoun instead of "I", "Me", "Myself" etc. For example, if he wants to say "I need some water right now," he will, instead say "Ice Bear needs some water right now," (the habit coming from Yuri himself). Though seen throughout every episode where he has a speaking role, his struggle to use first-person pronouns is most notably seen in "The Audition". It has also been shown Ice Bear's voice is rather monotone, even when he is excited. Despite his stoic nature, he cares deeply for his brothers, taking care of them by doing most of the chores around the cave. In addition, Ice Bear appears to be very concerned with hygiene and cleanliness. Ice Bear has also been shown to be multilingual, as shown in episodes such as "Our Stuff", "My Clique", and "Video Date", to name a few. He is also somewhat interested in physical activity and has a keen interest in the cold; Ice Bear sleeps in the fridge and seems to love being on cold surfaces. He is also very interested in yoga, dancing, karate, and many other similar activities while he also spends a lot of time reading and tinkering with robotics.
As mentioned, Ice Bear does not like to show his emotions and he does not smile much. He is seen smiling in the episode Cupcake Job. However, he was forced to smile, not out of willingness. He is also seen smiling in the episode I Am Ice Bear, but that is because he has amnesia after knocking himself into a tree. From the instances listed above, it is obvious that Ice Bear will not take the initiative to smile.
While he is undeniably strong, on several occasions Ice Bear hints that he is not to be crossed. However, under this tough image he is still compassionate and likes to help others, often assuming the role of a protector, as notably demonstrated in "Bear Cleanse". Ice Bear is also mysterious, doing many usual and unusual things with his brothers barely noticing, like building a robot clone of himself, and it is hinted in details (like background art) that there is a bit of action in his life that goes on secretly or off-screen.
Although it's a very rare occurrence, even Ice Bear can get angry. He still keeps his stoic nature, even when furious, which makes these few incidents all the more chilling.
Ice Bear spends a lot of time by himself relaxing or working on personal projects. Typically, he dislikes it when his brothers disturb him when he's in the middle of his moments of solitude. Though he does not like being bothered during his alone time, he dislikes being left out even less. He was unhappy when his brothers wanted to hang out with Nom Nom rather than him, and got angry when he thought they intentionally went to a baseball game without him.
Ice Bear seems to have an affinity for the color white. In "Chloe and Ice Bear" he seems excited to see the albino alligator, in "Fashion Bears" he chose an all-white attire for his clothes, in "Cellie" he is quick to snatch Panda's phone to take a picture of a white dog, and in "Assembly Required" he takes a white stuffed animal stating that he needs it.
While not showing it most of the time, Ice Bear is shown to greatly care about his brothers. As the series goes on, Ice has been shown to be visibly scared about their well being whenever he knows that danger is afoot and that could harm them, or worse. When Grizz sacrificed himself to dispose of the Jean Jacket, he held a crying Panda while he too cried (on the inside). In the Episode "Nom Nom" he is greatly scared when realizing that Nom Nom planned to use he his brothers to regain fame and fortune and not care if they are scared for life or even dead. In the VR experience when they thought they were gonna crash into the Sun and Panda locked him and Grizz in the escape pod and launched them back to earth after realizing it could only fit two people, Ice Bear, along with Grizzly, is shown to be very scared for Panda's apparent demise to the point of crying with Grizz. He is relieved upon realizing that it was just a simulation and Panda was alright.
Three Bare Bears
Ice Bear's personality seems to have been mostly untouched compared to his brothers from his appearance in the comics to We Bare Bears. In the comics, he is notably much more talkative—although still retaining his tendency to speak in the third person—as well as being much more prone to expressing emotion. He also takes less of an active role in the cartoons, with Grizzly more often than not acting on behalf of all the Bears (though he does occasionally make suggestions as to what Grizzly should do). Ice Bear is more aggressive in the comics, saying things such as "I rip the lips off people who abuse their freedom" & more.
Ice Bear is truly a jack of all trades, as he possesses the apparent natural ability to do many skills one would need to practice for years in order to accomplish. Ice Bear is truly no ordinary polar bear.
Ice Bear is very athletic. He participates in many physical activities such as dancing, karate, and even shows interest in ice skating. Ice Bear can be seen performing several karate moves in "Chloe" in front of several critters and Chloe. He can also be seen performing a dance routine when he got trapped in a public fountain in "Cupcake Job".
His sense of smell is extremely keen as he was able to smell the police at his house that was quite a distance away.
Though Ice Bear may not speak very much, actions speak louder than words. He has shown to be capable of creating fully functioning machines, such as the Robot Bear in "Panda's Sneeze" or completely destroying and remaking the Roomba in "Everyday Bears". Though he's still a little rusty on machine-making, he demonstrates his quick thinking in several episodes, a prime example being in "Nom Nom". After being stuck in a large hole overnight, the Mailman soon arrives with a package for Grizzly. Knowing full well he'd fall into the hole as well, he positions himself to catch the Mailman. After seeing what he had delivered, he gets the idea to use the item, a Chop-o Choppa Copter, to fly himself out of the hole and rescue his brothers.
Though his speech is limited, Ice Bear is often shown to be a polyglot. Such as in "My Clique" when meeting Mr. and Mrs. Park, Ice Bear began to speak full sentences in Korean. In "Icy Nights" when talking to Yana, Ice Bear reverted his sentences from Russian to English, vice versa. When working at Teppan Yaki, he is heard greeting his customers in Japanese. While he was pretending to be Panda in "Video Date" he spoke to Celine in French. He also seems to be able to communicate with other animals such as birds in "Our Stuff". Though it is unknown how we learned all of these languages, he most likely learned Russian from Yuri.
Strength is one of Ice Bear's strong points. He has been shown to possess incredible amounts of physical strength. This can be shown in "Panda's Date" when he lifts a boulder with relative ease or in "Viral Video" when he's easily able to lift Grizzly and slam him onto the ground. Being on the bottom of the Bears' stack also clearly proves Ice Bear's massive strength to carry his older brothers around for long periods of time without any signs of fatigue. He is the only character strong enough to overpower Ralph and beat him into submission easily.
However, despite being incredibly strong, he never seems to use that strength for fighting. He's seen acting very defensively, especially of his brothers, when faced with physical conflict. This passive nature can be seen in "Brother Up" when, despite there being only two wolves who are much smaller than him, he doesn't fight back. Ice Bear seems to try and avoid physical conflicts as much as possible. However, when facing situations forcing him to go violence, he is shown to be very forceful and fierce as demonstrated when he twists Ralph's hand to make him leave the cave or when he destroys Barry's robot minions with savage power and strength. When facing Barry's robot minions, he is shown to be strong enough to punch through metal.
Not only is Ice Bear incredibly muscular, he's also very strong when it comes to his claws (which are retractable). As demonstrated in "Everyday Bears", Ice Bear is able to lacerate objects using only his claws. In "Chloe", Ice Bear shows the College Students his claws while the three are being interviewed.
As seen in "Nom Nom" when Ice Bear is investigating Nom Nom's deadly plan for his brothers, he quickly has to hide before Nom Nom catches him snooping. He thinks quickly and stands up flat against a wall, blending in with it. This ability may be a play on the fact polar bears' fur is transparent.
In the episode "Losing Ice", Ice Bear is shown to have an incredible capability of cooking delicious dishes. His series of actions in cooking in the stir-fry restaurant Teppan Yaki is performed briskly and done with perfection. Grizz and Panda are often shown to be immensely amazed by the taste and quality of Ice Bear's dishes.
In the episode "Coffee Cave", Ice Bear is shown to have extraordinary baristing skills in which he can make great coffee drinks with various shapes of cream from animals, stars, and even a life-size cream statue in the coffee cup.
He is also shown to do all his baristing work in mere seconds with great precision.
Under the influence of extreme hunger, Ice Bear can turn primal, in which he will become extremely aggressive and willing to attack anyone on sight.
In his primal form, Ice Bear is very hairy with bleak white eyes as well as sharp teeth. His strength is also augmented greatly in this stage.
This stage can be reversed if he is granted access to food sources.
Coffee Overdose Form
In "Coffee Cave", it is shown that Ice Bear cannot handle caffeine and will become incredibly hyperactive if he drinks it.
However, if Ice Bear drinks too much coffee, he will turn psychotic from the influence of the caffeine overdose. In this form, his eyes will turn red and he is often in the stage of violence since he will do anything to gain access to more caffeine, whether it is coffee or coffee beans.
This stage can be reversed when he completely crashes from caffeine for a period of time.
It is a fire axe used by Ice Bear on several occasions. The fire axe has been used frequently throughout the series. The fire axe is usually not used for attacking but for some everyday things and Ice Bear even uses it as cutlery to cut meat in his dish. The only time it can be considered that Ice Bear used it to attack, it was when Chloe invaded the cave in the episode "Chloe".
Roomba’s axe is a short gray axe with a black and gray blade. For the time being this ax was only used once in the series, in the episode "Icy Nights" when Ice Bear fought the robots of Barry. This ax is inside Roomba and can be removed at any time by Ice Bear through a sound command. Roomba can also manipulate the ax, causing it to attack in its favor, as long as this is an Ice Bear order. In "Icy Nights" this ax was used to annihilate many of Barry's robots. But after one of the parts of the robots hit Ice Bear, the axe got stuck in the wall of the arena hole. An interesting fact is that the speed of the attacks of Ice Bear increases considerably when he is with that ax. This may be because of the fact that this axe is small compared to the traditional Ice Bear axe.
The ninja stars have never been used definitively in the series, neither for the attack nor for any other type of use. They only belong to Ice Bear. The only time it can be said that a star was used, it was in "The Island" when Ice Bear throws a starfish into Dave's eye.
Yuri's axe was only used by Ice Bear in "Yuri and the Bear," and was not for attacking but for cutting wood. It is possible to see at the end of the episode that Ice Bear gets the axe, but after the episode, the axe was never seen again.
It was shown in "Yuri and the Bear" that Ice Bear had lived in the Arctic (specifically Siberia) alone until he met a man named Yuri after bumping into one of the poles holding up his tent while evading a pack of hunting dogs. Because of this, Ice Bear grew up with Yuri, learning a lot of things such as cooking, wielding an axe, the Russian Alphabet, Geography, and Math while being his assistant. One day, while Yuri was gone, Ice Bear stumbled upon his treasure chest to find a picture of him and his family. Because of that, he made a wooden horse and gave it to Yuri. Frustrated because Ice Bear found the family picture and broke the frame's glass, Yuri yelled at him to get out. Ice Bear got out as fast as he could and began to cry until he fell into a trap set by the other men. Yuri got him out of the trap and tried to lure the other men away until they were near the ocean. Yuri had no choice but to chop a part of where Ice Bear was standing and push him away from land, leaving the axe. Ice Bear became depressed until he saw that Yuri's axe was beside him. From there, Ice Bear wiped his tears and grabbed the axe furiously. He is the only one of the bears to be confirmed to have remembered his backstory episode.
Grizzly and Ice Bear are (adoptive) brothers. Ice Bear is also shown to be close to Grizzly in episodes such as "Jean Jacket", where Grizzly sacrificed himself and Ice Bear cried (on the inside), or in "Viral Video" where he hugged Grizzly upon his return... Then he slammed him onto the ground for ditching him and Panda. Ice Bear was also seen close, literally, to him in "Occupy Bears" and "Hibernation", and also in the cub episodes. In "Emergency", Grizzly knew all Ice Bear needed was alone time after finding him at the skating rink. Grizzly acts much like a leader figure to both Panda and Ice Bear, in which he is the older brother. He seems to hold a degree of respect for Ice Bear, and especially loves his food, to the point where he attempted to make a profit off it in the episode "Food Truck". Although there are times when Ice Bear can disagree with Grizzly, Ice Bear still cares about him and still helps him in times of need. Ice Bear is shown to be very protective of Grizzly in "Nom Nom".
Ice Bear and Panda are(adoptive) brothers. They are able to bear stack as a way of traveling faster. They've been shown to be very close, such as in "Jean Jacket", when Ice Bear and Grizzly were extremely upset after Panda got smacked and when he consoled him after Grizzly's sacrifice. He also voluntarily stepped in to assist Panda in "Brother Up" and has shown great emotion after being separated from both of his brothers in the cub episodes. Ice Bear is shown to be very protective of Panda, as shown in "Nom Nom". They are shown working together to stop Grizzly's obsession with the burrito in "Burrito", and in the short, "Bear Cleaning", when they posed and took several selfies with Grizzly's clump of fur before putting it back. In "Hibernation" and "Panda's Sneeze" alike, they were shown bonding with each other. In the former, they were shown reading facts to each other about their respective species, and in the latter, Ice Bear had blushed when Panda asked if he thought his sneeze was cute, and later, at the cute-off, Ice Bear gave him a rose and called him precious.
First seen breaking into their house for investigation in "Chloe", Ice Bear and his brothers have since befriended her. In "My Clique", he and the other Bears tended to Chloe to help her make friends, with him saying, "Ice Bear will make them love Chloe." The lesson he proceeded to teach her to help her make friends, combined with Panda's and Grizzly's, caused her next attempt at making some friends go away, and she ended up walking home in embarrassment. In "Chloe and Ice Bear", the two spend some quality time together as Chloe tries to find something Ice Bear finds fun. They end up visiting the Natural Science Museum to see the Albino Alligator exhibit, to which, upon arrival at the exhibit, the museum is closed. When the alligator won't come out, Chloe hops down and tries to lure it out with a sandwich, worrying Ice Bear. He hops in after her and shields her from the alligator when it comes out and stares at them. After all, is said and done, the two head home together, tuckered out. He seems to spend the most time with her individually out of all of the bears. "Everyone's Tube" shows that the two like spending time together, indicating that they became closer after the events in "Chloe and Ice Bear" as they shop together and notice a piano. Chloe sings while Ice Bear plays a tune on the piano. She and Ice Bear build a potato launcher in "The Demon" and end up launching her jacket over the fence into her neighbor's yard where his dog (known as The Demon), has taken the jacket into the house. Despite his fear of the rabid dog, Ice Bear was willing to help Chloe get back the jacket knowing how important it was to her. "The Perfect Tree" also shows them getting a tree together while Panda and Grizzly stay behind to decorate the house. In "Hurricane Hal", the two were shown roller skating together and while trying to get away from the rain, they go underground in the sewer tunnels but accidentally ended up in a subway tunnel. When Chloe ends up nearly getting run over by the train, Ice Bear stands in front of her despite knowing his attempt at protecting her is futile but decides to die along with her (luckily the train stopped in time due to a power out and they survived). This proves the two have a strong bond to the point where Ice Bear would rather die than allow any harm to come to her.
Of the three, Ice Bear seems to have the closest bond to her, almost acting as a big brother to her at times.
Ice Bear grows a hatred for Nom Nom very quickly after seeing how poorly he treated Grizzly in "Viral Video" and both of his brothers in "Nom Nom". Unlike the other Bears, Ice Bear maintains this attitude towards him consistently throughout the series. Its also been shown his hatred is ever-growing, as in "Nom Nom", his brothers start to look to Nom Nom more as he manipulates them. He even ended up painting Ice Bear in a bad light to his brothers in order to get his way. During the night, when Ice Bear snuck out, suspicious of Nom Nom, he was shocked to find that Nom Nom's plan consisted of potentially murdering Panda and Grizzly. Before Ice Bear could go and stop the plan, however, Nom Nom made him fall into a ditch and covered it up, the other two Bears unaware of what had happened. The next day, when Nom Nom put his plan into action and almost succeeded, he lost control of the sharks he planned to use and ended up almost killed alongside Grizzly and Panda, however, with the help of a helicopter Grizzly had ordered a few days prior, Ice Bear was able to fly over to the event and save his brothers, throwing Nom Nom into a cotton-candy mixer in the process.
Even when Ice Bear has always been the most reluctant of the three bears in trust in Nom Nom, from the third season onwards looks like he's disposed to give him another chance, telling that he's expecting for a redemptive arc for Nom Nom in the episode "The Nom Nom Show", and even acting with him in "Crowbar Jones: Origins". All points that, as long as Nom Nom is redeeming himself and treating Grizz in a better way, Ice Bear is disposed to get along better with him.
Ice Bear and Lucy are friends. They met in "Panda's Date" when Lucy saved Panda's life after a moderate allergy attack. When the three Bears went to hang out with Lucy, Ice Bear genuinely enjoyed the time they spent, both him and Grizzly unaware of Panda's negative reactions to the whole thing.
Charlie made a bad first impression to Ice Bear, as a majority of what Charlie did in "Charlie" aggravated him; from being overall disgusting and messy to ruining his dinner and making a mess of the cave, it's not surprising Ice Bear didn't like him very much. Both in "Brother Up" and "Charlie and the Snake", Ice Bear doesn't appear to be warming up to him as he still appears to be annoyed with Charlie's antics. In "Charlie Ball", however, it is shown that Ice Bear is starting to warm up to him, as shown when he allows Charlie to substitute for Panda in a game of basketball after he get injured and requests to play with Charlie against Grizzly and Panda since he wants to win.
Ice Bear had met Annie in "Yard Sale" when he could sense her distress from going into labor. He had rushed to her side and coaxed her into doing breathing exercises. He also instructed Panda to stand by her side as a fill-in for her unconscious husband.
While not much was shown, it was clearly obvious that Ice Bear spent his childhood with Yuri. Ice Bear treated him like a father while Yuri treated him like a son. Ice Bear, however, never saw him again when Yuri chopped up a part of where Ice Bear was standing and sent him away from land.
Ice Bear and Yana seem to have a rather complicated relationship. They're implied to have lived a life of action in the past, but due to an incident, they have since broken up. Yana is resentful towards Ice Bear for this and isn't easily trusting of him. However, she still holds feelings for him, even if she doesn't show it. In Icy Nights II, it is shown that Yana is the daughter of Yuri.
Barry is Ice Bear's arch-enemy and the only villain so far that makes Ice Bear resort to extreme violence due to his murderous nature and greediness after his involvement in stealing Roomba's advanced technology by force. Compared to Nom Nom and Ralph, he is the type of villain Ice Bear takes great caution when facing in which making Nom Nom and Ralph looks like an insignificant annoyance.
Isaac is a former competitor to Ice Bear. Both are tall, talented chefs and martial artists as you can see in "Bros In The City" they were fighting each other because the knot that tied up to the oven by Isaac make them lose the rope and making their oven to crash down, the end of the episode they have the same cookbook "Cooking with Martha" then they hugged each other and became friends . In the Episode "The Mall", they participate in the Ice Skating Competition and both won the gold medal. Isaac sleeps in a walk-in closet and Ice Bear sleeps in a fridge. They have the same voice actor.
|Main article: Ice Bear/Designs|
- Ice Bear is the tallest of the three siblings.
- Ice Bear bears an arsenal of recipes, being able to cook various unique dishes.
- He is the only bear that has a driver's license.
- Ice Bear is a martial artist, wielding nun-chucks with great proficiency.
- Ice Bear can play the bagpipes, as shown in "Jean Jacket".
- Ice Bear is multilingual, as he has been shown to speak phrases in Japanese, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese, and French. He can also communicate with birds as shown in "Our Stuff".
- Crew members have confirmed that Ice Bear is the youngest of the bears.
- Ice Bear is shown to own a fire axe, which he keeps in the fridge, in "Viral Video", "Chloe", "Everyday Bears", and "Nom Nom".
- In "Hibernation", he is seen reading a book titled "Hatchets around the World", which refers to his axe.
- Ice Bear has no actual bedroom in the cave, preferring to sleep in the fridge due to its temperature.
- Ice Bear ordered a Vacuum Buddy in the episode "Everyday Bears", which makes it owned under him.
- Ice Bear is the first in the Bear Stack, being at the bottom carrying his brothers which is because of his strength.
- In the Pilot, Ice Bear refers to his position at the bottom as "driving."
- It can also be noted that in "Yard Sale", when he was backing the stack up, he mimicked the noise of a truck in reverse, going "Beep, beep, beep".
- In Bear Lift, Ice Bear says “Traffic signal” when walking up to Darrel’s landlord.
- Ice Bear takes up most of the responsibilities of the house such as cleaning and cooking.
- According to Ice Bear, he takes yoga classes as said in the episode "Primal".
- In the same episode, it's revealed both Ice Bear and Panda can turn "primal" out of hunger.
- In "Video Date", Celine is the first character shown in the show to refer to Ice Bear as "Ice Bear" rather than with pronouns.
- In "Charlie", Charlie is the first character to refer to Ice Bear with a nickname, this being "Sunshine", rather than with pronouns.
- In "Emergency", Grizzly is the first to call out Ice Bear's species.
- In "Video Date", this was the first time Ice Bear was heard saying Panda's name, more than once, although it was to be disguised as him.
- Ice Bear enjoys dancing. This is shown in the episode "Jean Jacket" when he obtains a salsa dancing coupon. He stated that it was the "best thing to happen to him".
- He was also shown dancing in "My Clique".
- In the episode "Chloe", Ice Bear has stated he knows all of his brothers' secrets.
- In "Nom Nom", it is shown Ice Bear can camouflage.
- This ability can also be played as a gag, as polar bears have transparent fur.
- In "My Clique", it's shown Ice Bear has extreme talent in guessing in charades, being able to immediately and correctly guess what's being acted out.
- In "Shush Ninjas", Ice Bear says he refuses praise, though in "Panda's Sneeze", he didn't mind when Panda thanked him.
- In "Nom Nom", it's revealed Ice Bear lacks the ability to raise his voice from his usual quiet and monotone pitch, as his calls for help while trapped in the pit go unheard because he cannot make his voice any louder.
- According to "Everyday Bears", "The Road", and "Pet Shop", he was mute for an indefinite period of time.
- As shown in "Emergency", Ice Bear can knit.
- As shown in "Chloe and Ice Bear", Ice Bear is shown to be very uncomfortable and avoidant around crabs ever since "Emergency".
- There is strong evidence that Ice Bear may, in fact, have Autism Spectrum Disorder. The most important diagnostic criterion for this developmental disorder include savantism (e.g. high intelligence in specific areas, a rare condition exhibited with Autism), higher-than-normal levels of sensitivity (such as with noise, touch, and smell), an obsession with maintaining the same scheduled routines daily, having special interests in obscure objects or hobbies, delayed development in language skills, and trouble expressing emotions via body gestures and vocal tonality.
- In the case of Ice Bear, he is monotonous, exhibited delayed language learning (as Baby Ice Bear is mute), has a very strong desire for structure and routine (especially cleaning), and has a really poor ability to display emotions through facial gestures (such as smiling), all of which Ice Bear has shown to exhibit in at least one episode. A few episode examples include "Chloe and Ice Bear", "Rooms", "Cupcake Job", and any of the Baby Bears' episodes.
- Despite being a chief example of autism spectrum disorder, Ice Bear does not always exhibit all the symptoms listed above in every episode. Namely, Ice Bear has been shown to smile normally even though it is quite rare. Three prime examples of this are in the subway at the episode "Hurricane Hal", in the episode "I Am Ice Bear", and during the episode "Panda's Birthday".
- The episode example in "Cupcake Job" is particularly interesting because Ice Bear behaves socially awkward at his job. Not only was he seen struggling to retain a regular smile, but Ice Bear also tried sneaking behind people to advertise the Cupcake Shop. These are decent examples of how Autism Spectrum Disorder may affect people in real life.
- Ice Bear calls himself a survival hero in the episode "Tote Life" after having rescued his brothers from the tote-avalanche inside the cave.
- As shown in "Charlie and the Snake", Ice Bear (along with his brothers) is afraid of snakes.
- Ice Bear is also scared of cucumbers, as shown in "More Everyone's Tube".
- In "Video Date", Celine is the first girl for Ice Bear to fall in love with.
- He also shows that he can speak French in this episode.
- In "Pet Shop", Ice Bear had a pet collar labeled as Fabio.
- As seen in "Pet Shop" and "Chloe and Ice Bear", Ice Bear's behavior towards dogs makes it apparent he doesn't like them.
- Ice Bear occasionally sleeps with his eyes open.
- In the episode "The Island", it's partly believed that Ice Bear may have undergone the process of being taught how to talk in English by both Grizzly and Panda throughout their childhood.
- Ice Bear's stage name is Alonso Tigerheart, as revealed in "The Audition".
- Since the beginning of the show, nobody has called Ice Bear by his name except in the episode "Video Date" referred by Celine. Ice Bear is always referring to himself as "him" and "little bro" by Grizzly and Panda.
- Ice Bear wears glasses when driving, as shown in the episode "Road Trip"
- In "Bear Cleanse", it is revealed that Ice Bear's heart beat sounds like a working jackhammer.
- Ice Bear finally talks like a normal bear in the season 4 episode "I Am Ice Bear" and talks loud and raising his voice a little bit just like he tries to in the episode "Nom Nom".
- Ice Bear says he likes the cat-mouse paradox mousepad, implying he likes to think about paradoxes and solve them.
- Ice Bear was once frozen in a block of ice, as shown in the short episode "Frozen Ice".
- The episodes Ice Bear doesn't appear in are "Anger Management", "Poppy Rangers", "Summer Love", "Kyle", "Panda 2", "Ranger Games", "Vacation", "Family Troubles", "El Oso" and "Lord of the Poppies".
- In "Braces", he claims to have at least 17 degrees.
- In "Yuri and the Bear", Ice Bear is shown hiding from a group of poachers. One of the poachers wears a bear skin on his back. It is possible Ice Bear's parents were killed by these poachers.
- In "I Am Ice Bear" the white hoodie that Ice Bear took in the fridge is almost the same as Isaac's. The difference is Ice Bear's white jacket are non-sleeves while Isaac have long sleeves.
- Ice Bear has somewhat similar traits to the character Susan Strong from Adventure Time, as both speak in third person, including referring to themselves with their own name, along with both being the tallest of their relatives, and both have amazing physical strength.
- In "Occupy Bears", Ice Bear states he like turtles.
- This is a reference to a popular internet meme where a news reporter asks Jonathan Ware about his zombie face-painting, in which case he responds with "I like turtles." The episode similarly plays it out as how it did in the video, with the reporter asking Ice Bear his opinion on their cave being destroyed, Ice Bear irrelevantly responding with "Ice Bear likes turtles."
- In Bear Lift, Ice Bear references three popular car chase action movies, them being Need for Speed, The Fast and Furious, and The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.
- Polar Bears are known as "ice bears" in several different languages, like Norwegian (isbjørn).
- It's shown in "Hibernation" that Ice Bear refers to other polar bears as "ice bears".
- His species, Ursus maritimus, lives in three different continents: North America (Canada, Greenland, Alaska), Europe (parts of Norway), and Asia (Russia)
- Polar Bears, alongside Giant Pandas, are listed as vulnerable on the IUCN's Red List of Threatened Species and as threatened under the federal Endangered Species Act.
- Polar bears weren't originally part of the Ursus genus, but instead, a part of its own genus, Thalarctos, however, with the evidence of hybrids between polar bears and brown bears and the recent evolutionary divergence between the two species, its current scientific name is now widely accepted.
- Though their fur can appear tan or white, polar bears have transparent fur.
- Polar bears are considered one of the largest terrestrial carnivores.
- In the short "Log Ride", it is revealed that Ice Bear sweats under excessively cold conditions.
- In the slow-motion scene in the Pilot of the ice cream cake flying through the air, Ice Bear can be seen eating grass. Polar Bears are known to eat things like grass to pass the time.
- In "Hibernation", Ice Bear read that only female polar bears can hibernate, which is simply untrue. In reality, polar bears don't actually need to hibernate, but rather, pregnant polar bears den up for the colder months.
- Polar bears have the greatest sense of smell than any bear species. This is shown in "Burrito" where Ice Bear is most disgusted by the rancid odor given off by the rotten burrito and also sniffed around to track the source.
|— Main Characters —|