|We Bare Bears: The Movie||Gallery||Transcript|
|This article is about the movie. You may be looking for the DVD.|
We Bare Bears: The Movie is a made-for-television film based on We Bare Bears that was released exclusively on digital on June 30, 2020 and aired on Cartoon Network on September 7, 2020. It was first announced on May 30, 2019. This film serves as the series finale for We Bare Bears.
Best bros Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear have always had each other’s backs. When their love of food trucks and internet fame leads to unexpected mayhem, they must go on a wild, hilarious, and dangerous adventure to escape a foe that threatens to tear them apart.
In San Francisco, Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear start their day by rushing through the city to be the first in line at a new poutine food truck. Along the way, they cause havoc for the people in the street who berate them for their carelessness. The friendly Officer Murphy reveals that he has collected folders of Bear Complaints, but cannot find any reason to punish them. Realizing how much trouble they cause, and incensed over Nom Nom getting special treatment, The Bears decide to become viral stars (Despite having failed in the past). They hook up an entire computer system to their house and force stream their antics to everyone in the city. Everyone finds their live feed amusing, mostly because they are repeating outdated memes, but everyone quickly turns on them again when they cause a massive blackout.
Murphy refuses to enforce severe punishment, until Agent Trout, a nature preservationist, arrives declaring that wild animals, in general, in public places is not natural and that the Bears need to be taken away and separated. The public agrees and the bears are stuffed in a police van. As Darrell, Tabes, Chloe and Lucy complain to Trout about his treatment of the Bears, Charlie, Brenda and the rest of the forest animals hijack the van and drive into the forest. Inspired by the poutine truck, Grizz suggests that they flee to Canada because they love bears there. Panda initially rejects the idea but changes his mind when he realizes that he does not want to stay with Charlie. They disguise their van has a hippie van and make their way to Canada.
After outwitting Trout's agents at an inspection stop, the Bears get into an argument over which route to take and end up getting driven off the road by the Mystery Machine. They crash their van near a cornfield and discover a stick-stadium that is full of internet-famous animals who are having a rave. While the animals are inviting, they confront the Bears when they learn that they are not internet stars. The Bears explain their situation and the animals sympathize with them and allow them to stay. However, one of the attendees (Pizza Rat) alerts Trout to their location after having grown jealous of their inclusivity. The animals fight off the agents while Dramatic Cow and the Raccoons see the Bears off in their newly fixed van.
The Bears get chased by Trout and his men but manage to escape, though the van once again gets destroyed. They make it to the Canadian border. Unfortunately, to their dismay, their trip doesn't paid up well as they discover that they cannot enter due to them not having any passports.
Furious by what he and Ice Bear put them through, Panda scolds Grizz for this, which the latter responds it by yelling at him. Eventually, Panda harm his brothers’ feelings, by saying they are not brothers. Just as Trout and his men arrive to capture them. Trout announces his plan to have Panda and Ice Bear sent to China and The Arctic, respectively, while Grizz is encased in a bear enclosure with other non-speaking bears. After having a conversation with his younger self, Grizz remembers that he made a promise on the day he met Panda and Ice Bear; that they would be bros for life. Grizz breaks out of the enclosure and frees the other bears where they proceed to free Panda and Ice Bear.
A fire breaks out due to an electrified fence and Murphy arrives in a helicopter to rescue them. The Bears decide to make the biggest bear stack they can as news reporters and onlookers watches, which makes the citizens of San Francisco realize the error of their ways. Trout uses the Bears to escape onto the helicopter, but Murphy arrests him and all the Bears manage to escape. Afterward, the Bears are viewed as heroes, Trout is taken into custody and Murphy announces his intent to have the Bears taken home. Grizz has Murphy allow all the other Bears to become naturalized in San Francisco as everyone begins to appreciate their presence and adopt them into their society as well as apologising to the bears for their mistreatment to them. During the credits, more bears arrive in San Francisco with many of them adopting human behavior similar to Grizz, Panda, and Ice Bear while humans begin adopting many of the Bears' behavior such as the stack.
- Chloe Park
- Dana Tabes
- Nom Nom
- Darrell Zaragosa
- Officer Murphy
- Dramatic Cow
- Painting Elephant
- Jojo Raccoon
- Joey Raccoon
- Angry Kitty
- Pizza Rat
- Jacked Kangaroo
- Southern Owl
- Caged Bears
- The Mailman
- Richard Park
- Winifred Park
- Ranger Martinez
- The Poppy Rangers
- The Wildlife
- Pigeon Cartel
- Hamster (Cameo)
- Daredevil Dog (Cameo)
- Gluten-cat (Cameo)
- Porkins (Cameo)
- Rebecca Turnman
- Gale (Cameo at The End)
- Alyssa (Cameo)
- Background Characters
- Dr. Clark (Appears in The End Credits)
- Chloe's grandma (Appears in The End Credits)
- This is the first We Bare Bears movie.
- This movie reveals on how the Baby Bears finally meet to becoming brothers, Baby Grizzly doesn't have his bike but comes from Family Troubles, Baby Panda comes from Panda 2 and Baby Ice Bear comes from Yuri and the Bear and continuation episode Band of Outsiders.
- Baby Panda is voiced by Max Mitchell replacing Duncan Joiner.
- This is the first time The Bears visit Canada, and the second time Canada is featured, Baby Grizzly is previously from Canada and is first featured in Family Troubles.
- The bears that were trapped by Agent Trout included other grizzlies, Kodiak bears, American black bears, Kermode bears, Cinnamon bears and Glacier bears.
- This is the only time where Chloe Park, Ranger Tabes, Lucy, Charlie and Darrell meet and are seen together.
- It's revealed that there is a Bear Complaint File that has a record of all the bears' antics that they did in the past. There seem to be more complaint files as Officer Murphy had a Bear Complaint File 2 after Grizz took the first one he was writing in.
- In the complaint file, the bears made tote bags uncool.
- It's also revealed Grizz once sat on someone's birthday cake.
- In the complaint file, the bears made tote bags uncool.
- When Grizz suggests making a viral video to get people to like them, Panda claims it never works and shows a video they made back in Viral Video on his phone before Ice Bear swipes it as he doesn't want to recall it.
- When Agent Trout is showing a slideshow about nature invading civilization, one of them shows pigeons dealing in contraband, which references Our Stuff, Pigeons and Hot Sauce.
- It also shows a cougar pouncing on a dog, possibly a reference to The Kitty.
- Brenda is revealed to escape custody.
- This is the first episode Grizzly talks to his child clone Baby Grizzly, he technically appears as his own conscience along with Baby Panda and Baby Ice Bear.
- Captain Craboo is the only character that doesn't appear in this movie.
- Charlie wears the same clothes and hat he wore in Chicken and Waffles, only when The Bears returning home at the end of this movie.
- Porkins and Gluten-cat from Viral Video, the Hamster from Nom Nom vs. Hamster and Daredevil Dog from The Nom Nom Show appear at the animal celebrity party.
- One of the news reporters breaks the fourth wall saying He want to let them have rights to have a movie about their story.
- The Bears reference several memes when attempting to make the ultimate video:
- Grizzly dabs at the beginning of the ultimate viral video, and Ice Bear followed with a dab of his own afterwards.
- Grizzly at one point references the Gangnam Style and even dresses like Psy.
- In the same scene, Ice Bear dunks cold water on Grizz, a reference to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Ice Bear does the Bottle Flip Challenge.
- Panda even references the Shooting Stars meme after Grizz pushes him off the roof of the cave.
- The Bears also do the Harlem Shake at one point during the scene.
- While the monitor glitches, Grizz and Ice Bear do the floss from The Backpack Kid meme and Fortnite.
- Near the end of the bears' attempt to create an ultimate video, Panda's outfit is a reference to Pikotaro, the singer of PPAP (Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen). He holds a pen, pineapple, and an apple, which are also references to the aforementioned song.
- Similarly, Ice Bear plays with fidget spinners which is a reference to their popularity in 2017.
- The Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo makes a cameo appearance as the Bears nearly collided with it and swerve off the road.
- All of the Internet-famous animals are references to animal memes:
- Dramatic Cow is a reference to the Dramatic Chipmunk.
- Angry Kitty is a clear reference to the iconic Grumpy Cat meme.
- Jacked Kangaroo is a reference to Roger the Muscular Kangaroo. His name may also be a reference to the title character from Kangaroo Jack.
- Painting Elephant is a reference to Bob Ross and the 2008 elephant painting memes. He even sounds like Bob Ross himself.
- The Pizza Rat is a reference to the 2015 Pizza rat meme.
- An opossum based off of the Interview Possum is seen when the Bears first enter the Internet animal celebrity party.
- The Shiba Inu Dog with the Wow handkerchief is a reference to the Doge meme.
- A Pomeranian based off of Boo appears in the Internet animal celebrity party.
- A snow monkey based on the IKEA Monkey appears at the party.
- The elephant shrew that is the DJ for the animal meme rave party is a reference to the Take a Closer look at that Snout shrew.
- The Katy Perry Left Shark appears at the party.
- The Crab Rave crabs appear at the party. The crabs later wield knives (A reference to another crab meme You mess with Crabo, you get stabo) as they attack Agent Trout's troops.
- The skateboarding French Bulldog with sunglasses Daredevil Dog is a reference to the Tillman the Skateboarding Bulldog meme.
- The dancing Chimpanzee is a reference to the Harambe's funeral dancing monkeys meme.
- The Yelling Goat appears at the party and even does his iconic yell at Agent Trout's troops.
- The Hipster Llama appears at the party.
- A seal based on the Awkward Seal meme appears at the party. When the seal dances with Ice Bear, it references the spinning seal gif.
- A cat based off of Business Cat is seen in the background of the animal celebrity party.
- The Cat Wiggle cat from Shaq vs. Cat appears at the Internet animal rave party. The Bears even did the same dance as Shaquille did.
- Gluten-cat, the cat in toast from the meme of the same name is seen at the party.
- A bunch of the meme animals gets a counter of followers when introduced with a few with the verified check next to their names is a reference to either Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat.
- When the Internet-famous animals threaten to call the police on the bears, Grizzly demanded a parley which is from Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a negotiation conference between opposing sides.
- A new version of Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere done by Roosevelt in 2019 plays during the credits of the film.
- The 1969 song Aquarius or Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In from the 60's band The 5th Dimension is what the bears play when they're talking to the troops in their disguises to get to Canada.
- The troop replies Turn that hippy dippy music off. Probably hinting he doesn't like the song or the 60's music.
- Ice Bear at one point states Take Ice Bear's hand if you want to live after freeing Panda from his cage, the line being a reference to Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator's iconic line Come with me if you want to live from Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- In the credits, there's a bear in a crowd with rainbow flags, a reference to the LGBT community, potentially referencing parallels between how the bears were treated as if they didn't belong and how the LGBT community is treated by others. (However in some countries like Malaysia, this was censorded and is replaced with the ultimate Video)
- At the climax of the film, Agent trout says I said, Get back to your cages! possibly an oblique reference to Destiny 2: forsaken, where cayde-6 says the same line.
- The train scene is inspired by Stand By Me (1986).
- When the bears disguise themselves as hippies (On the next scene), Ice Bear's eyes is missing.
- Creator Daniel Chong is credited as a executive producer on the movie.
- September 12, 2020 (Southeast Asia and The Philippines)
- November 6, 2020 (Latin America and Brazil)
- November 7, 2020 (United Kingdom, France, Turkey and Ireland)
- November 13, 2020 (Spain and Portugal)
- November 21, 2020 (Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, Hungary and Poland)
- November 26, 2020 (Italy)
- November 28, 2020 (Netherlands)
- December 12, 2020 (Japan)